38 Best Beaches in India – Video Collection
The total length of the coastline of the mainland, Lakshadweep Islands and Andaman & Nicobar Islands is 7,516.6 km. There are more than 250 Beaches in India. Below is a list of beaches that are one of the most frequently visited and are also one of the prettiest beaches in India.
- Minicoy Beach, Lakshadweep
- Gokarna beach, Karnataka
- Rishikonda Beach, AP
- Baga Beach, Goa
- Marina Beach, Chennai
- Lighthouse Beach, Kerala
- Varkala Beach, Kerala
- Elephant Beach, Andaman
- Radhanagar Beach, Andaman
- Butterfly Beach, Goa
- Ross and Smith Beach, Andaman
- Tarkarli Beach, Maharashtra
- Cherai Beach, Kochi, Kerala
- Kanyakumari Beach, Tamil Nadu
- Ramakrishna Beach, Andhra Pradesh
- Velneshwar Beach, Maharashtra
- Mandvi Beach, Gujarat
- Puri Beach, Odisha
- Agati Beach, Lakshadweep
- Kalapathar Beach, Havelock Island, Andaman
- Poovar Beach, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
- Wandoor Beach, Port Blair
- Majorda Beach, Majorda, Goa
- Agonda Beach, Goa
- Vagator Beach, Goa
- Mandrem Beach, Goa
- Arambol Beach, Goa
- Marari Beach, Alleppey
- Kozhikode Beach, Kerala
- Muzhappilangad Drive in Beach, Kerala
- Om Beach, Gokarna, Karnataka
- Half-moon Beach, Gokarna, Karnataka
- Kaup Beach, Udupi, Karnataka
- St Mary Island, Malpe, Udupi, Karnataka
- Ullal Beach, Karnataka
- Palolem Beach, Goa
- Ganpatipule Beach, Maharashtra
- Candolim Beach, Goa
All the above are detailed in the below set of Videos by Expert Travel Bloggers
Video guides to witness spectacular beauty of Indian Beaches
In the Below Video Guide- See another Set of Top 10 Beaches
Some Facts about India
- India, officially the Republic of India, is the seventh-largest country by area, the second-most populous country, and the most populous democracy in the world.
- Bounded by the Indian Ocean on the south, the Arabian Sea on the southwest, and the Bay of Bengal on the southeast, it shares land borders with Pakistan to the west; China, Nepal, and Bhutan to the north; and Bangladesh and Myanmar to the east.
- In the Indian Ocean, India is in the vicinity of Sri Lanka and the Maldives; its Andaman and Nicobar Islands share a maritime border with Thailand, Myanmar and Indonesia.
25 Best Beaches in India
- According to consensus in modern genetics, anatomically modern humans first arrived on the Indian subcontinent from Africa between 73,000 and 55,000 years ago.
- However, the earliest known human remains in South Asia date to 30,000 years ago. Settled life, which involves the transition from foraging to farming and pastoralism, began in South Asia around 7,000 BCE.
- By 4,500 BCE, settled life had spread more widely and began to gradually evolve into the Indus Valley Civilisation, an early Civilisation of the Old world, which was contemporaneous with Ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia.
- This civilisation flourished between 2,500 BCE and 1900 BCE in what today is Pakistan and north-western India, and was noted for its urban planning, baked brick houses, elaborate drainage, and water supply