Learn About Top Things to be Aware off Before you Plan Your Travel to Florence in this Guide with 2 Public Videos and Article with Useful References and Information. This is All What You need to Know Before You Travel There
Some Useful Information About Florence Important Websites
- FLORENCE AIRPORT Amerigo Vespucci. WEBSITE: www.aeroporto.firenze.it
- Florence Tourist Information Offices : Website
- The Official tourist WEBSITE of the Metropolitan City of Florence : Feel Florence
- Tourism Office Email ID : [email protected]
- Tuscany By Train : Visit Tuscany by Train
Things to Know about Florence Beforehand Video 1
Florence Airport to City Centre / Airport Transfers : Reference Website
- There is a Tram T2, that runs from the airport to the Unita stop close to the central station. The tram runs every five to ten minutes and a ticket costs € 1.50 per person.
- Bus Service. There is also a Bus Service that runs every half hour from the airport to near the Santa Maria Novella station and it takes around 20 minutes. Cost of a Single Ticket is € 6 per person and € 10 for return. Refer Volainbus Website for Schedules and Timings.
- Departures from the Airport are every 30 min between 5.30 am to 8.30 pm, then every hour until 11.45 pm. The last shuttle is at 1am, but at this hour, it will be more convenient to take a taxi.
- Departures from the City Center (SMN train station) are every 30 min between 5.00 am to 8.00 pm, then every hour up until 11.00 pm. The last shuttle is at 12:30am.
Must Watch – Things to Know about Florence Beforehand Video 2
Most Useful Buses to Take in Florence – Mini-bus ‘D’
- The most important route is the D line which starts off at the SMN train station in Piazza Stazione at the ‘Galleria’ stop (near big area for taxis).This is handy if you want to go over to the other side of the river, which from the station would probably take you about 30 minutes walking.
- The D bus stops in the characteristic Santo Spirito area, then heads on to Pitti Palace and Boboli Gardens and then to the Ponte Vecchio from which you can easily reach Piazza Signoria and the Uffizi Gallery.
If You want to Travel to the Following Places, a Bus might be Necessary
- Piazzale Michelangelo – on a hill over the city, with spectacular views of the city. Bus that takes you to this Place is Bus No. 12 or 13. Boarding Point – Station (‘Parcheggio’ stop, near bike rentals)
- Fiesole – A Popular Small Village in the hills just outside town with beautiful views. Bus that takes you to this Place is No. 7 and you get that at (via Pira) Piazza San Marco
- Settignano – A Less-Known but very quaint village in the nearby hills with Good Restaurants. Bus that takes you to this Place is No. 10 and you get that at Piazza San Marco.
Complete Details : Please Refer The Web Bus Guide
Emergency Numbers and Services :
- Police / Polizia: phone 113
- Fire Department / Vigili del Fuoco: phone 115
- Medical Emergency Service: phone 118
- ACI car breakdown service: phone 116
- Urban Police Emergency / Vigili Urbani: phone 055-328.333