Learn about Things You Need to know Before you Travel To Florence like To and From Airport, How to Get Around using Public Transport and Using Subway etc. This Post Contains Must Watch Videos to Plan Your Travel to Florence and Get Around in Florence
Florence Things to Know Before You Travel Video Guide 1
Before You Go To FLORENCE (Italy), Watch This. I’m Rok and I’ve spent last 8 years travelling around Europe as a tour guide. I want to share with you my favourite Florence Travel Tips that will make your First time in Florence experience much easier. In this Florence travel guide I will tell you what to expect from Florence. Second I am gonna talk about safety and language. Next, I am gonna focus on the best accommodation for exploring the city. Then I am gonna talk about public transport in Florence and how to get around. Topics Covered in the Video Include :
2. What to expect from Florence
3. Safety & Language
4. Best Room location
5. How to get around? Public Transport
6. Tips & Ideas– Rok Goes Around
For To and From First Main Airport : Amerigo Vespucci/Toscana Airport Website
Based on the Information Provided at Above Website :
- Located just 4 Kms from the Centre of Florence, the “Amerigo Vespucci” Airport occupies an area of approximately 115 hectares between Castello and the Plain of Sesto Fiorentino. It is the First Main Airport in Florence. There is a Video Explaining Bus Options at the Website Link. Please Watch that Complete Video to Understand How to Exit from the Airport and Take a Bus to Downtown/City Centre of Florence
For To and From 2nd Airport in Florence – PISA Airport : Pisa Airport Website
- The Pisa Airport is the second main airport in Tuscany after the airport in Florence. It often makes sense to fly there and then to reach Florence by either train or bus. At the airport, bus tickets may be purchased at the Information Desk (Arrivals Area).The Bus Area (P6) is located just outside the Passenger Terminal Arrivals Area
Getting to Downtown From Florence Amerigo Vespucci Airport- Snapshot Taken from
Autolinee Toscane SpA is a Tuscan company that manages the local public transport of the entire Tuscanny Region. The Useful Official Website Links are mentioned Below :
Important Points to know While Commuting by Bus or Public Transport to and From Airports and Getting Around Florence are listed Below :
- Based on the Amerigo Vespucci Airport Website , there is a Autobus that goes to Downtown or City Center Every 30 Minutes from the Airport. The Ticket Price is 6 Euros.
- From Pisa Airport to Florence and Getting to Florence By Bus, Take Pisa Mover shuttle to Pisa Centrale, then from there take the train to Florence’s SMN train station.
- Take a Direct bus o Florence’s SMN train station
- Terravision bus from Pisa Airport to Florence takes 70 minutes & costs 5 euros
- Autostrada Bus option. The bus goes to SMN train station and some go to the Florence Airport after that.
- Florence has various modes transport, and the tickets for each of the Options can be bought in the metro stations, at Newsagents Shops or at Tobacco Shops.
- Based on this Article Buses in Florence : Florence has Almost 100 bus lines and also has a special night service called “Nottetempo” – a service that runs from 10 pm to 2 am and takes in various city neighbourhoods.
- For getting around the city, most Important linkes are C1, C2, C3 and C4. From the other Normal Lines, 12 and 13 are also important, as they go up the hill south of the river Arno and take you to Piazzale Michelangelo and the Church of San Miniato al Monte.
- Single Bus Ticket – It is valid for 90 minutes from the moment it is validated and it costs € 1.20. Cost of Ticket on Board is € 2. 24 hrs Ticket Cost is 5 €, 3 Days Ticket Cost is 12 € and 7 Days Cost is 18 €. For Ticket Validation You need to put it into the Yellow Machines on the buses
- More on Florence Public Transport- Read Here
Florence – Must Watch Things to Know Before You Travel Video Guide 2
Check Out Important Websites to Explore Florence :
- Official Florence Tourism Website
- Florence Airport Information
- Pisa Airport Information
- Know about Florence Public Transport
- Lost Luggage at Toscana Airport
- Lost Luggage at PISA Airport
- Top Attractions in Florence
- Visit Florence
- Florence General Information